1.11.2013

Transitions

Over the past week I've gotten a chance to really savor the little time me and Aurora have left alone. Baby sister is due to come in the next week. We have both been sick and so I haven't really had the energy to get a lot of work done and she has wanted to snuggle anyway.That is the only reason I would ever say I enjoy when my child is sick. Those are the times when she fills my cuddle bank. I love when she just wants to rock with me. Of course I can't really hold her with my big belly in the way; it's more of a side hold. But it means the world to have someone trust and love you so much. She has recently transitioned to her big girl bed and has been having a hard time with it. She's needed more reassurance and love. I've also been able to snuggle her in her bed and the other night I even got to hold her hand while she drifted off. Beautiful. I'm going to miss being able to give her all that I have. Soon she will have to share me and I will have to split my attention between her and the new baby. I probably won't be wanting to spend an extra half hour watching her sleep. I hope she will remember how much I love her when I can barely keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment