1.23.2013

Birth Story of Lizabelle Holli Yates

Friday i felt a bit nauseous. Friday night I started had mild contractions when I went to bed. I woke up to pee around 1:00 and they were heating up. I woke up at 3:30 in a lot of pain. The pain was similar to the contractions of my first labor and 4-7 minutes apart for about half an hour before we headed to the hospital. At the hospital they monitored me and the baby for about 20 minutes and checked my cervix which was 50% effaced 2 cm. they told me I was not in active labor because I didn't appear to be in enough pain and sent me home. At home Brady and I ordered Frankenweenie on On Demand and tried to get comfortable. It wasn't long before Brady fell asleep and my pain was too intense to watch the movie. I started the bath and while getting undressed started to bleed. It freaked me out so I let the tub water out and called the hospital. They told me it was normal to bleed after being checked. I told Brady about the bleeding and he didn't think a bath was a good idea since my water could break. I tried to relax but again couldn't and despite what Brady said I filled the tub again and took some Tylenol. In the tub I continued to have stringy blood ( bloody show) and my contractions were getting bad. I got out and went to my bedroom. On the way i heard Aurora crying and opened her door and told her she could get up but then I started contracting and didn't want to scare her so i continued to my room. I layed on my bed for a bit and then went to the bathroom and pooped while puking into my garbage can. I was in loads of pain. I couldn't lay back on the bed so I kind of just paused on all fours on the ground. That's when my mom came in. i crawled to the bathroom and threw up and cried and she told me to breathe and told her i didnt want her telling me that. i told her to get Brady because I needed an epidural Now. I stayed in the bathroom and bawling and puked in between contractions. Brady came up and was surprised by the way I was acting. He tried to assess how much of by behavior was frustration and how much was pain. This really pissed me off because I felt on the verge of death and he seemed not to get it. I told him to stop talking and that I needed an epidural now!
We got our stuff together once again. I hugged Aurora and we left. It was the most awful car ride. I was hurting so much. I held on for dear life to my garbage can and tissues. I threw up again. I told brady if they sent me home again I wouldn't go. He said we could just go to the call room. i told him I couldn't take it much longer. The hospital is only 15 minutes away thank goodness. We started towards the building from the parking garage and I had to stop during every contraction. I remember looking down the walkway from the elevator to the building and considered running because we were just taking too long and may never make it. Then I remembered pregnant women don't run very well. We got into the hospital and I sat down in the hallway and contracted and then vomited. Brady was not happy that I was acting like a fool in the middle of the hallway. He tried to take my garbage can and tissues and I snapped at him and berated him for acting embarrassed of me. He meanwhile was thinking he either needed to call for help or run ahead and get them to bring down a stretcher. I was probably only in the hall for a few minutes but I finally got up and made it into the elevator. There was a couple in there already so we had to stop at another level and let them out. We got to our floor and Brady went to the desk and I sat on a chair and tried to endure the feeling of being eaten alive like a shark. All the employees were staring at me and it was taking forever. This time they brought out my wristband when they came to get me. They asked if i needed to use the restroom before they checked me. I said yes and went into the bathroom. I peed and contracted and wondered if I would die or if i would be able to leave the bathroom. I made it out and They took me in the room where they monitor your baby and contractions and hooked me up again. It was about 9am. I asked for the epidural. They said they would check me. They checked and I was an 8! I asked for the epidural again and the doctor said yes but then started reading off to me about all the possible things they might have to do during labor; blood transfusions, forceps, etc. and I wanted to claw her face off. I signed my consent and she left. I was hurting worse than I ever imagined a person could hurt. Then I got the sensation that I needed to go #2. I frantically said " Brady I'm going to poop, I'm going to poop." He got a paper towel and put it under my butt. No poop came out. The sensation happened again and this time my sac and a whole load of warm liquid came out. Brady got the nurse and they finally got the idea that I was having a baby pronto. They moved the bed to the delivery room while I lay on my side clenching the rail with a sac hanging out of me. As I went by people exclaimed "look there's the sac!" They told me I needed to change beds and I told them I couldn't do it. A sweet nurse encouraged me to blow the pain away and then to scoot onto the next bed. I did and with some helpers made it to the delivery bed. I once again asked for my epidural with no response. Everyone around me was setting up. I got the urge to push and as I did someone said "there's the head." The baby was crowning. I said "I need to push" and the doctor said "no don't push!" But I pushed and out baby Lizabelle came, the whole body in one push. A nurse grabbed her and they started doing whatever it is they do to a baby that who's just born. I asked if anyone delivered the baby because I didn't see the nurse and I knew the doctor hadn't. Brady said yes. He later told me the doctor was in the middle of getting her gloves on when the baby came out. Well once she got her gloves on she came over and delivered the placenta and pushed on my belly like a squishy balloon and then gave me one suture. They brought the cleaned off baby to me and I held her and beheld that she was perfect in every way. I was in ecstasy with the perfect little gal for several minutes. Then I asked for some pain meds.
Lizabelle was born at 9:56 am Saturday January 19th, three days past due. She weighed 7 lb 7.4 oz and was 20 inches long. Yay! So happy to have her in my arms.


1 comment: