11.09.2011

Do I smell bad or something?

Let me begin by saying I am a believer in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and I see so much good contributed to the world by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and its true followers. I will never allow the poor behavior of people in the church to weaken my belief in the doctrine. That leads me to the real reason for this post.

Why is church the place I feel the most invisible? I was seriously fine today, even with all the extra whining Aurora did due to her cold and/or teething, until I went to Relief Society. Shouldn't we be extra aware of the need to be Christ-like and reach out when we are in the Lord's house. As I smiled and said hi many ladies were closed off and barely responsive. I started to feel like there was something wrong with me. Brady and I both felt this way at the ward Halloween party. This is really concerning to me because this is not the first ward I have felt like this in. In fact, besides this ward all of the others I have gotten this cold feeling from were in Utah, Mormon Central. I have not found any trouble making conversation with women in MOPS, which is also a Christian based group. I don't have any trouble getting a smile back when I take Aurora to Gymboree classes. So what is the deal? I may be preaching to the the entirely wrong crowd because I know that the regular readers of my blog do not have a problem reaching out to others. You have all been very kind to me. I am just dumbfounded as to how many members in our church can consider themselves disciples of Christ while they give off the cold shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment